Goodman 40,000 BTU 80% AFUE Upflow/Horizontal Gas Furnace Model GMS80403AN
The GMS80403AN 40,000 BTU up to 80% AFUE Performance Upflow gas furnace system from Goodman features several components that significantly enhance the efficiency and overall comfort of your home. The Goodman GMS80403AN furnaces feature the award winning, durable aluminized steel, reframed into a dual diameter configuration that vastly increases the reliability, durability and efficiency of the furnace. Not only this, this furnace incorporates a well insulated, heavy gauge steel cabinet that contributes in lowering the system operational sound levels to a negligible extent, providing comfortable and quiet heating for your home.
This furnace also features a patented aluminized steel tubular heat exchanger and a fully insulated Silicon Nitride hot surface ignition system. The entire furnace is run tested in the factory tested prior to shipment for both heating and heating/cooling system combinations. Though, the GMS80403AN furnaces are originally meant to burn natural gas, it can also be converted to a propane gas burning unit using an optional LPM-06 field installed propane conversion kit . The GMH8 40,000 BTU 80% AFUE furnace system requires a single stage thermostat whose heating stages are predominantly controlled by a timer fitted into the control board.
Warranty Protection: All the functional parts and accessories of the Goodman 40,000 BTU 80% AFUE Upflow furnace is covered by a Parts Limited Warranty for 10 Years. The heat exchanger is covered by a Life Limited Warranty and if ever your exchanger ceases to operate within the first 10 years of ownership, the company will provide a brand new replacement.
- Operates as a natural gas furnace out of the box, and can be easily converted to a propane furnace with optional propane conversion kit (see Accessories tab).
- Corrosion-resistant, aluminized-steel tubular furnace heat exchanger
- Furnace is designed for multi-position installation - Goodman GMS8: upflow, horizontal right or left; Goodman GDS8: dedicated downflow
- Energy-saving, reliable hot surface ignition system with Goodman furnace patented adaptive learning algorithm to maximize igniter life
- Aluminized steel inshot gas furnace burners
- Energy-saving PSC, multi-speed, direct drive blower motor
- Quiet, corrosion-resistant induced draft furnace blower assembly
- Integrated Goodman furnace control with diagnostics
- Low voltage terminal blocks
- Multiple flame roll-out switches, blower door safety switch, outlet air-limit switch and pressure switch for proof of combustion air
- 40VA transformer for heating and air conditioning control service
- Combination redundant gas valve and regulator
- A rotating combustion air blower (Goodman GMS8) that provides the option of venting the furnace through the top, right-hand side or left-hand side
- Completely assembled, factory run-tested furnace for heating or combination heating/cooling application
- Furnace has heavy-gauge, reinforced, fully insulated steel cabinet with durable baked-enamel finish
- Attractive architectural gray paint finish
- Heater's foil-face insulation lines the heat exchanger compartment
- Coil and furnace fit flush for easy installation
- Convenient left or right connection for gas and electric service
- Bottom or side air inlet (Goodman GMS8)
- Removable, solid-bottom block off
- This furnace does not comply with California NOx Standards (the Goodman furnace models that end in "X" do comply). This furnace is not for sale to the state of California due to emissions laws. Please see our high efficiency Goodman furnaces (models GMS9, GCS9, GMV9, GCV9, GMH) which are compliant with California laws.
Gas Furnace Brochure | Gas Furnace Specifications | Installation Instructions